Thursday, November 10, 2005

taking back the telephone

Rock and Roll band Taking Back Sunday recently posted on their site that they will be calling any random person who enters their telephone number into the membership form for joining their street team. Personally, I think that the idea of street teams are pretty stupid to begin with. If your music is solid to any degree, it should be able to hold its own weight and not need the assistance of 1,000,000 salivating teenagers who hang on to every single word as if it were the word of God.

But then I thought, aww fuck it. Who wouldn't want to talk to these cats? At the very least I can get a half assed interview for The Coolness... But that's really up to the band now isn't it?

From this moment on, until the band calls me, I will keep a tally of how many days has gone by before I receive a call from any of these fools, if I get a call anyway. Their previous two albums have been certified gold, and they've recently wrapped up a large scale venue tour so they probably have a gazillion real fans out there before they get to some kid who wants to shoot the shit.

Day 1. no calls.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM , Blogger Joel said...

Ryan, you have fallen for the ploy! Street teams are like joining a cult. Not that I didn't join the Sixpence None the Richer street team, but that was SOLELY to get free swag that I had no intent of distributing. Er...I guess I'm just as bad. If not worse.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home