Monday, December 04, 2006

holy crap! corey ball was right!


So my friend Corey pointed me in the direction of The Game's latest album, "The Doctor's Advocate" last week. I was a tad bit reluctant since I didn't think much of his smash album, 2004's "Tha Documentary," or any of his early Bay Area records. Still, I solderied on and listened to the record and you know what? It's pretty good. Would I have liked this 10 years ago? Probably. Five years ago? Probably not. I have this love/hate relationship with gangsta rap in which I hold all the early 90's rappers in an iconic status: MC Eiht, DJ Quik, NWA, E-40, they're a dream team that's hard too beat. It just seems that after 1995, the whole idea of gangsta rap just seemed played out, if not, slightly idiotic. The Game might be the first rapper of the gangsta persuasion who has both the lyrical talent and street swagger to be up there with those great 90's rappers.

[related links]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home