Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Redux: The Format, "Dog Problems"

[if you think you have issues, these dogs don't have eyes. yikes!]


When The Format's "Dog Problems" came out last year, I liked it. It was catchy and might've been the best pop record of the year (bested by maybe the Maritime album). After a few listens, it was granted a quick exit from my regular rotation of shitty pop-punk, Game mixtapes and random freestyles.

Sometime last month, the song "Time Bomb" came up on a random shuffle on my mp3 player and I realized that the dudes in The Format may be far more ingenious than I give them credit for. Here's the thing, there are certain records that get heavy play when I go through a break up, it has long consisted of Jimmy Eat World's "Clarity," Alkaline Trio's "Maybe I'll Catch Fire," Atmosphere's "Lucy Ford," Pedro the Lion's "Winners Never Quit" and The Smiths "Louder Than Bombs." From time to time, I'll throw in Brand New's "Your Favorite Weapon" for good measure, otherwise, it remains to mostly be the original five. Well, now I'm adding The Format's "Dog Problems" to the list as one of the greatest break up records ever.

It's equally absolved, harsh and sardonic and a really awesome listen to help you get through the shitty days when all you really want to do is sit in your underwear, watching Judge Mathis and hoping that your significant other will come back through that door.

[Related Links]
The Format - Official Website

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home