Monday, August 20, 2007

the dangers of ondemand

For the past few weekends, I've been crashing at my mom's place because I've had to and unlike me, my mom actually shells out the extraneous amount of money to get the Filipino Channel, so as to keep up on current events over in the P.I. (that's Philippine Islands, for you less savvy, non-brown people). Part of my mom's cable deal is that she also subscribes to Comcast's OnDemand service. It's kind of weird, I wanted to watch some nature shows on Animal Planet, which she doesn't get, but I was able to watch a similar themed show via OnDemand.

So while the baby was sleeping, I caught up on "The Two Coreys" and "Rock of Love," as well as getting my fill of "What Not to Wear" and "Miami Ink." It was bananas.

Unlike some of my peers, I'm not willing to bust out the extra money on top the stupid price I pay for high speed Internet to watch fine ass Stacy London sass some lame jerk with no fashion sense. With the incredible speed in which America is being dumbed down, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the OnDemand feature will be affordable for working class stiffs like me, at which I'll be the first to subscribe to such a service and commence rotting my brain. For the many books I've read over the last few years, I need to make up for lost times and I can't think of a better way than with a marathon run of "The Hills."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home