Tuesday, August 21, 2007

MLIW = Best Hardcore Band Right Now...

Modern Life is War
"Midnight in America"
(Equal Vision)

Modern Life is War has more swagger than most of the bands that often get props in Alternative Press or "other websites." Often pegged as a working class hardcore outfit, MLIW stomps all the sheen out of the glossed out pretty boys who occupy space in many iPods, but how does their new album "Midnight in America" stand to 2005's breakout, "Witness?"

Unlike many highly touted aggressive bands (Underoath, Killswitch Engage), Modern Life is War doesn't fall into the trappings of an overproduced follow up. Most of "Midnight" is just as raw and immediate as some of "Witness'" finer moments. The poppiest song on the album, "Fuck the Sex Pistols" is sure to raise eyebrows alone based on its title.

I wish I had more to write about this record, but you'll just have to take my word for it: Modern Life is War > than most bands you're listening to. [1]

[1] I seriously would've written a better review, but I tripped running after the bus yesterday so I'm kinda feeling like shit.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home