Friday, January 30, 2009

Video: This Time Next Year, "Hearts and Arrows" (Live)



I was a little reluctant to hear a band called "This Time Next Year" because (not by coincidence) it's the title of The Movielife's best album. It would be like if Oasis decided to call themselves Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or Rubber Soul. Still, my friends Ilene and Mike encouraged me to check them out and I'm glad I did. Their EP, "A Place For You," is easily one of the most enjoyable pop-punk records I've heard in quite some time and their last recording, "The Longest Way Home" features a really great cover of Kid Dynamite's "3 O'Clock." Recently, the band signed to Equal Vision Records which will hopefully get these kids the recognition they deserve.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home