Tuesday, November 22, 2005

early tuesday morning riffin'

- Last night I went into my former place of employment, Easy Street Records, and for a little over $20, walked out with the following:

Boom Bip "Mad World" (7" single)
JR Ewing "Split" (7")
Christie Front Drive "S/T"
Red Knife Lottery (note: what a crappy name) "So Much Drama"
Scraps and Heart Attacks "Still Sick"
Breaking Pangaea "Cannon to a Whisper"
Jazzefatnastees "The Once And Future"
Lisa Loeb "Firecracker"
The Little Mermaid Soundtrack
The Gloria Record "S/T"
Grey Two Eleven Presents Assemblage Vol.1 DVD

There were some other records that I wanted to get, but I thought to wait on. I don't really need the instrumental version of Common's "Be," but it would've been nice to have a double for the Dangerdoom single.

- Still no word from Taking Back Sunday, which kinda sucks because I feel totally ripped off for having taken five minutes out of my day to fill out their membership form. Aarrrgh!!!! Yo, Taking Back Sunday, we know you dudes can write some good pop songs, so when are we gonna hear something that's more like "Little Devotional" and less like "This Photograph is Proof"? (man, that song's terrible)

- From all the dude bro guys I know, I can't stop hearing about Jessica Alba is "hawt," though let's not forget the idiocy she displayed in that trainwreck of a show "Punk'd" or her lack of acting ability, for that matter. And from all my indie street cred peeps, Jenny Lewis or Feist seem to be the femme de jour (and I'm not going to get into the weird metalcore kids who are digging the girl from Bleeding Through who looks like that H.I.M. guy). Well I say "pshaw" to your ladies of the year...y'all sleeping on the Tuesday Tart that is Rory Gilmore:


In the immortal words of Noregea, "Whut?!? Whut!?!"

[be back with a real article soon]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home