Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Papa Bear, R.I.P.

As a parent in their mid-twenties, I can tell you that it may be easier for me to buy books for my kid now, as the books that I grew up with are relatively fresh in my head and have not been rotted out by the effects of alcohol and drugs.

So when it came time to buy books for my daughter, I naturally picked up a ton of "Berenstain Bears" books. Reading the wacky adventures to my kid brought me back to when I was 6 and got my first "Berenstain Bears" book. Well, to pay tribute to Stan Berenstain, who passed away today, I urge parents to peel their children away from the television and marketing icons such as Dora The Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants, and Hello Kitty, and kick a little Berenstain knowledge their way.

Related Links:
Yahoo News: Stan Berenstain Dies At 82

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home