Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2006 Rewind: The World Went Crazy for the Gnarls

Roughly about a year ago, I read that Goodie Mobber Cee-Lo was collaborating with Danger Mouse on a project called Gnarls Barkley. This idea amused me for about two minutes, then I moved onto the next thing.

A few months later I heard "Crazy" and I knew that people were going to love it. I knew I was going to despise it.

After "St. Elsewhere" dropped, I didn't hear much about Gnarls Barkley. I heard and read a lot of press about the duo leading up to the release, but it didn't really have a lasting effect like, let's say, Gwen Stefani's "Love Angel Music Baby."

I still think that Gnarls Barkley sucks, but I think that they're a good respresentation of how music is today. People go hillbilly apecrap over it for a few months, then drop them like Britney Spears drops her kids.

Who will be the next disposable high profile act of the new year? Probably the Hold Steady, though I'd also put my money on Fall Out Boy's new album selling poorly as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home