Thursday, January 11, 2007

federal way should be burned by the sun


According to the Seattle P.I., Washington's paramount to education, Federal Way School District, is refusing to show Al Gore's recent documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth" because of an e-mail by a conservative parent who would rather put God before science. My favorite quote by said parent is this one:

"'Condoms don't belong in school, and neither does Al Gore. He's not a schoolteacher,' said Frosty Hardison, a parent of seven who also said that he believes the Earth is 14,000 years old."

I'm pretty sure that Al Gore, post-2000 election, spent a bit of time as a visiting professor at UCLA, therefore, that makes him a schoolteacher.

I'm rather surprised that in this day and age, people are still using the Creation Theory to keep science out of public schools. Personally, I think it would be better if kids learned about all theories, but I guess with MTV and Myspace, kids these days are far less willing to put some thought into schoolwork, so long as they can break out to each other's homes and fuck.

Still, it's really sad when people would rather urge their kids to be ignorant because of their interpetation of the word of God is construed to having a beef with science. Even sadder is when public educators go along with such B.S.

I encourage you (my beloved five readers) to e-mail Federal Way board member David Larson and president Ed Barney and let them know that this is some sorry shit.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home