Monday, January 08, 2007

the genius of anthony green

A few years ago (2003 to be exact), my friend James told me about this band called Saosin. I listened to their CD and dismissed them as another passing screamo band, which I had absolutely no interest in listening to, probably because I was in a band that was making similar music. I probably should've taken more notice, since Saosin's singer was Anthony Green -- whose previous outfit, Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer had long been a staple in my CD player for most of that year.

In the last two years, I've championed Green's latest full-time band, Circa Survive, and their genre-defying debut, "Juturna." I didn't really understand the genius of Green until I heard his solo song, "Stone-Hearted Man," on his Myspace alias, Moshtradamus. While it's the only song with lyrics, it's still heart-breaking and interesting, in that Elliot Smith sort-of-way.



(Stone-Hearted Man Live courtesy of YouTube and Refused TV)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home