Wednesday, January 24, 2007

state of the...yawn...

Last night, our beloved president gave another State of the Union Address. I was pretty pissed that they preempted "Jeopardy" for it, but whatever. It reminds me that no matter what, the president will do what he pleases until his tenure is up, provided he isn't impeached beforehand.

See, though his approval ratings are down, he's still going to keep sending soliders to Iraq and while I am thoroughly angry about it, my feelings -- nor my political ramblings on this site -- aren't going to change that. He's going to do what he wants. He's kind of like Cartman in that sense.

Are the Dems going to do anything about it? They have control of the entire government at this point, so it's possible. Probably not, lest they blow their chance for a '92-style coup in the 2008 elections.

In regards to the people who govern us, my cynicism is at an all-time high and I have real problems to worry about anyway, so you guys can keep your false sense of hope and security. I'm going to try out for "Jeopardy."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home