Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2007 Rewind Selecta: Music Won't Exist In 2008

Last week I assembled a somewhat decent list for my best of picks and Vivian from Redefine asked me to assemble a similar list. I used some of the discs that I choose from my original list, but it also got me thinking, "How many records have come out this year that I initially liked, do I still listen to?" The answer: not many.

Music, in general, has become a pretty disposable commodity, to the point where I'm selling off CDs that I've probably enjoyed at one point or another. Much of what I've been listening to lately is stuff that I haven't heard in a while, or ignored when it was released. Right now it's the fourth quarter, which means this is the time when labels are releasing the surefire hits to hedge their numbers. How many CDs have I purchased in the fourth quarter: 1. And it was a release from the fall. I didn't even bother to go out to get "American Gangster." Honestly, the only record that I would pay for is Ghostface's "Big Doe Rehab," everything else will probably end up in a $.99 bin. I have this sinking feeling that next years best list will be a littel shorter than this year's.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home