Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Bad: Thoughts on the Future and Other Issues I Usually Save For My Other Blogs

I've been really terrible at posting new op-eds on Chasing Coolness. Recently, I've been outsourcing my writings to Redefine (forever, ever) and High Voltage Media (where's my review of that pop-punk band at?). There's something else in the works, but nothing is final, so I'm not at any liberty to discuss that. More importantly, however, is the fact that lately, I've been refocusing all of my energy in releasing my book.

For those of you who don't know, late last year, I penned a short novel called A War Torn Letter. I sent it to a few friends and received a series of positive responses. Then it literally sat on my shelf until two weeks ago when I decided to release it independently. Keep in mind that I had every intention on soliciting publishers with a copy of the manuscript, but in all actuality, I had a rather difficult time swallowing the notion that once in the hands of the machine, the book would no longer be mine. There was, however, one strangely interested party, but that interest eventually fizzled. Which leads me here, putting my money where my mouth is and doing it DIY style.

Hopefully, sometime this week, I will have a few copies available. Everybody who gets shouted out in the foreward gets a free copy in due time. I should have at least five copies available at Easy Street Records in Seattle's Queen Anne neighborhood with more places to follow. I'll be keeping this site (as well as Stay Off the Crack) updated as information trickles in. I've also somehow fooled myself into starting a new book. The few people who like War Torn will no doubt like this book, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

With all this madness of writing a book, I'm also preparing for my return to higher education; that's right, I'm going back to school. I somehow tricked the UW into accepting me into the Digital Media program. It's a pretty fascinating field, which I happen to be employed in. Even if I weren't, the decline of physical product and the relevance of online stores like iTunes and Rhapsody, as well as sites like Youtube, MySpace and Google make Digital Media the best industry to be involved in. That said, I'm going to try to learn everything I can about it so as to not be an extinct dinosaur wondering why my cassette tapes aren't selling.

Those are all the updates I can muster to write. I have some reviews that I've been sitting on that I will post soon enough, but I just thought you'd like to know what's happening on my side of the woods. Excelsior and other fun words!

Labels: , , ,