Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Common (Sense) vs. K-Salaam & Beatnick



Nahright.com posted this video earlier that features a new remix of Common's seminal 1994 single, "I Used to Love H.E.R." by K-Salaam and Beatnick. Overall, it's not bad. I think that I'm pretty much in love with the O.G. version and it's a hard act to follow, particularly since it's had years to find a place in everyone's heart. Shit, it was even the basis for that underrated Taye Diggs movie, "Brown Sugar."

Still, this is a hard-hitting joint and I'll actually give it a pass because the duo rework the song enough without completely bastardizing it. That being said, I won't be too happy if someone decides to take a stab at "93 Till Infinity."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home