Friday, April 03, 2009

Nerdiness Ensues

Last night, a partial list of this year's Bumbershoot participants was released. It's no secret that I kind of hate Bumbershoot for a number of reasons, chiefly the fact that it's gone from a small homegrown celebration to a big corporate fuck party. There are logististics here that I choose to ignore (namely that it costs these super big corporate dollars to run such an event), but I can't help but think that it's kind of like a grown up Bamboozle (aka a giant mall for pop-punk bands).

Anyway, as I was looking through the list of scheduled artists, I saw that S.E. Hinton was going to be there.

Yes, THAT S.E. Hinton.

Hinton is responsible for some of my favorite middle school books like The Outsiders and Rumble Fish and like Harper Lee, J.D. Salinger, Judy Blume and, prior to her death, Madeline L'Engle, Hinton lives in relative obscurity. She's nowhere nearly as prolific as Stephen King, James Frey and Stephanie Meyer, and it really works to her advantage.

I haven't been to Bumbershoot since 2004, but I think I may have to go this year, if only to see S.E. Hinton in person.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home