Thursday, September 28, 2006

paul allen's pet project becomes an ego boost for several writers

So it's that time when the EMP starts accepting submissions for their springtime Pop Conference. I've never even attempted to submit anything because I never thought I had anything worthwhile to say. This year, I feel a little bit different. I have a lot more BS to call and what better way than in front of almost every writer that I've looked up to in one way or another for the past 10 years.

That is, if I get in.

I have some pretty strong candidates for what my topic of choice will be, but here are some of my rejected ideas (some of which I've covered here on the Coolness):

"Why Gym Class Heroes is the Worst Thing to Happen to Hip-Hop"

"Christian Rap Vs. Regular Rap: Aren't They Basically the Same?"

"Fall Out Boy: A Band That Is Literally a Marketing Tool"

"Is Chuck Klosterman Really Necessary?"

and finally...

"Why Pitchfork Is the Stupidest Website Since Chasing Coolness"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home