Tuesday, November 04, 2008

SoulSchool Remixes

This morning I was listening to one of the most underrated winter albums (more on this later), The Beatnuts' "Stone Crazy," when I was compelled to find the video for "Do You Believe," when I came up something labelled as a "SoulSchool Remix." Like most videos and random remixes you find on YouTube and MySpace, I didn't expect much, but the remix was actually pretty awesome. I listened to more of these remixes and I was pretty impressed. In the last few years, my favorite hip-hop producers have been these bedroom DJs who've recalled the halcyon days of people chopping up their own beats on shitty Tascam and Fostex 4-tracks and not overhyped names that shall currently remain nameless. Anyway, here are my favorite of the SoulSchool remixes.

Nas feat. Q-Tip, "One Love"


Big L, "Put it On"


Alicia Keys, "You Don't Know My Name"


Masta Ace, Buckshot and Special Ed, "Crooklyn Dodgers"


Beatnuts, "Do You Believe"


related links:
SoulSchool Myspace

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home