Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Nothin' Goin' On

I hope you've all had a productive holiday or what have you.

I haven't been writing that much because a) writing is what I do for a living and sometimes I feel like watching "Ocean's 13" and "The Hills" and b) there hasn't been anything interesting in the large scope of the pop culture spectrum.

I guess there was that whole dust up with Jamie-Lynn Spears being a pregnant, unwed teenager and all, but is anyone really surprised? Not that I know the chick personally, but I've been around enough teens (and having been one myself in the last decade) to know that high schoolers bump uglies often enough for stuff like this to go down. Just because you're on TV doesn't make you exempt from making certain choices in life. Go ask one of the Coreys or Jaleel White.

What's most disappointing -- from my career perspective -- is that the Spears story got more news coverage than the Iowa hubub with the presidential hopefuls. How sad is our country that we'd pay more attention to a C-List celebrity than to the people who could potentially run this nation?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home