Friday, December 05, 2008

Review: Kevin Devine & the Goddamn Band, "I Could Be with Anyone"

Kevin Devine and the Goddamn Band
“I Could Be with Anyone”
(Self-Released)

Right now, this four-track Extended Player is available through Mr. Devine himself on his tour and through iTunes. Whether you believe in the service that Steve Jobs provides for people to download single tracks at a low price, there’s something to be said about the quality of the EP that’s presented, namely that it’s kind of awesome.

To be frank, Kevin Devine could fart over power chords and I’d still buy it. I have all of his records dating back from the early Miracle of 86 records all the way up to 2006’s “Put Your Ghost to Rest.” Serving as a bridge between the last full-length and his upcoming record, “Brothers Blood.”

Anyway, “I Could Be with Anyone” contains three great new studio tracks and a really bittersweet demo called “She Stayed as Steam.” This is probably one of my favorite recordings that has come out in the last year and I really can’t wait for Devine and Goddamn merry band to come out with that new record.

[Related Video]


Kevin Devine, "She Stayed as Steam"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home